The Mason Deerfield Chamber, through its Government Affairs Committee, is dedicated to promoting, educating and advocating on behalf of local, county, state and federal issues that are directly and indirectly relevant to the Mason and Deerfield Township business community.
The vision of this committee is to provide the Government Affairs Executive Council and the Chamber Board of Directors with insightful, relevant information with the potential to impact the Mason and Deerfield Township business community in both proactive and reactive ways.
List of Committee Objectives
- Facilitate a process of increasing communication among and between Chamber members and representatives of governmental bodies of interest to the Mason-Deerfield business community.
- Develop a process for community deliberation on pending issues to the business community.
- Based on consensus reached by the Mason-Deerfield Chamber Board of Directors, form a plan and policy agenda for advocating on behalf of the interests of Mason-Deerfield businesses.
- Identify and cultivate those interested in business growth and development for community leadership roles and elected positions.
- Serve as a catalyst on issues relevant and important to the business community; included but not limited to taxation, policy and regulatory matters, and the number of taxing authorities in jurisdictions.
Criteria for Board Consideration of Issues
- Must be an issue that impacts business growth and development.
- Can be an issue involving governmental entities that make decisions impacting business growth and development.
- Can be a particular stand on a particular issue raised by an elected or appointed government official or candidate seeking an elected or appointed governmental position.
- Motivated on individual position, not partisan politics.
The Mason Deerfield Chamber will continue its critical role as the primary business advocate for Mason-Deerfield’s growth and prosperity. We will be focused, issue-based, and non-partisan while asserting the positive and essential role business plays in improving our community and expanding opportunities for all citizens.